You haven’t truly celebrated Christmas if you don’t do some sort of festive baking. Most people would probably bake some mine pies but for a girl who can not stand mince pies… I have to find a alternative, Biscuits. I LOVE BISCUITS. Probably one of my favourite foods.
Today I am sharing with you a very simple Sugar cookie recipe which even an awful baker like me managed to get right which basically means anyone can create these. Also I have to add they taste amazing…even without the icing so even if you just make circle shaped biscuits, they’re worth it for the taste. I chose to decorate these but you could leave them plain if youre not an icing sugar fan!
This recipe makes 36 cookies so if thats too many for you, cut the ingredients by half.
1 Cup/227 grams unsalted butter
1 Cup/201 grams granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons baking powder
3 Cups/ 384 grams plain flour
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius
2. In the bowl, cream butter and sugar until smooth. Mix for around 3 minutes. Works best with a electric wish or mixer.
3. Beat vanilla extract and egg into mixture.
4. In a separate bowl, combine baking powder with flour and add a little at a time to the wet ingredients. The dough will become very stiff. If it comes too stiff for your mixer, turn out the dough onto the countertop and finish off kneading the dough by hand.
5. DO NOT CHILL THE DOUGH. Divide into workable batches, roll out onto a floured surface and cut. you can the cookies to be on the thicker side (closer to 1/4 inch)
6. Bake at 180 for 6 – 8 minutes. Let cool before moving to cooling rack.
7. Decorate to you hearts desire.
Let me know if any of you bake these cookies for yourself, I’d love to see them! Send me photos via Twitter @iamcharolivia
See you tomorrow you lovely lot!