Recently I came across a series on Netflix called Girl Boss, I read a little bit of the bio and instantly knew I needed to watch it. If you haven’t seen it, its basically a story about how the brand Nasty Gal came about. Its not a true representation of the story as such but it makes a really interesting program. To be honest, I had no idea that it was even about Nasty Gal until I was about half way through the series. BUT if you’re a girl who loves fashion or all about Girl empowerment and female success, I definitely think you’ll enjoy it. I think I finished it in about 3 days, I was that hooked.
As you can tell by the title of the series…The idea of the program is that she is a Girl boss who create this amazing brand and I wanted to share with you a few things I learnt from watching the series which relates to us bloggers and things we should probably remember ….
1. It’s not necessarily going to be an easy journey – Things are going to happen along the way which you might not expect and some may be tougher than others. Sometimes you might feel like you’re not getting anywhere or your loosing loads of followers and you have no idea why other times it might be really good and your creating loads of content that your viewers are really connecting with. It is important to remember that you just need to keep going cause the tough times will hopefully bring the good times.
2. Never give up on something you enjoy – If you love your blog and you enjoy it just carry on doing what your doing. If you have 4 followers or 1000 followers, it doesn’t matter if you’re enjoying what you do. I have been posting on my blog for a year now and still enjoying it as much as I did when I started…I would say I am any bigger of a blogger than I was when I started but I’m gunna keep going as I love doing it and who cares if its only a hobby that goes no where Im not going to give up on it. And you shouldn’t either!
3. Dont feel like you have to do everything by yourself – if someone is offering to help you in some way, don’t say no because its your blog and its your website. 9 times out of 10 the help your offered will most likely benefit you and actually help you along your journey. Also theres nothing worse than giving yourself more work than is needed, if someone is offering to take your blog photos for you, thats one less thing you’ll have to do which means your can focus on other thing such as coming up with new ideas.
4. Enjoy what do you do but don’t let it control your life – Often when we have a job or we’re very consumed in what we’re doing, everything else goes out the window. Don’t loose your social life or miss out on things because your blog needs attention. Obviously if its your job and you have something which is due and needs to be finished, yeah finish it. I suppose if that is the case, make sure you take some time out…that might be taking a day off social media or taking a weekend off – you may still be taking photos for you blog or coming up with ideas but it stops you from staring at a screen refreshing your stats to see how many views your got or constantly looking at what tours are doing. Just enjoy your blog and enjoy life.
5. If you have an idea and you want to try it out, go for it you never know where it will take you – Often us bloggers come up with ideas and we think nah no one will read it, no one will enjoy it. If you wanna do something, just do it….you never know you could find it becomes really popular on your blog. For instance this post might not really get any views but I wanted to write it for those few that may need a little boost in terms of their blog and how its going.
Have you seen Girl Boss? Let me know in the comments what you think of it…If you haven’t, head over to Netflix and have a watch. I promise you wont be disappointed.